In order to strengthen mutual understanding and friendship between the Chinese people and people from the rest of the world, the Chongqing Municipal Government offers a variety of scholarship programs to sponsor international students and scholars to undertake studies and research in Chongqing institutions of higher education.
Application Deadline: April 30 every year
Suitable Students: Freshmen or students at school
Time for Issuing Results: Late May to mid-June
Number of scholarship available:20-30
|First class||Second class|
|Chinese language course||10000||8000|
CRITERIA & ELIGIBILITY
1. Applicants must be non-Chinese citizens and be in good health.
2. Education background and age limit:
- Applicants for undergraduate program must have senior high school diploma with good academic performance and be under the age of 25.
- Applicants for master’s degree program must have bachelor’s degree and be under the age of 35.
- Applicants for doctoral degree program must have master’s degree and be under the age of 40.
- Applicants for Chinese language training program must have senior high school diploma and be under the age of 35.Chinese language is the only subject available.
- Applicants for general scholar program must have completed at least two years of undergraduate study and be under the age of 45. All subjects including Chinese language are available.
- Applicants for senior scholar program must have master’s degree or above, or hold academic titles of associate professor or above, and be under the age of 50.
Note: For more details on how to apply for it, please check Application Materials and How to Apply column.